The purpose of the Community Champions scheme is to help ensure that residents across Solihull hear correct and consistent information about the Covid arrangements. We recognise that there is often debate, and sometimes disagreement, but our role is to tell people what the rules are so they can work out how to apply them to their everyday lives.
Therefore, as a Community Champion, you are asked to sign up to the code of conduct, which requires that:
- Any information or advice you circulate comes from the council or the government
- You do not make political statements in respect of the Covid arrangements
- You do not debate the merits of the guidance, or criticise the government, council or partners - if somebody is incorrect, simply signpost the correct information. This is to ensure that key messages are not undermined
- You do not apply your own interpretation of guidelines - if in doubt, ask for clarification
- You do not collect personal data