Councillor complaints form

About you

Your Complaint

Please give the name of the Councillor(s), Member(s) or Co-opted Member(s) that you consider has broken the Code of Conduct and the name of their Authority(ies).
Can you please provide us with as much information you can about your complaint to help us decide whether or not it should be investigated.
Include the date and details of the alleged misconduct and any information that supports your allegation. The Monitoring Officer can only consider complaints that a Councillor has broken a local Code of Conduct.








It is essential that you give evidence to support your complaint, otherwise the Monitoring Officer will not be able to decide if what you say should be investigated.
You can supply copies of correspondence, documents, names and details of witnesses and any other evidence that is relevant to your complaint. Please avoid sending us large amounts of background information that only relate indirectly to your complaint.
You should send evidence by email to or via post to: The Monitoring Officer, Council House, Manor Square, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 2QB.



Data Protection

Your information may be shared with other council services and partner organisations to ensure our records are kept accurate and to help us to identify services or benefits you may be entitled to or interested in. We may also need to share your information for the prevention and detection of fraud and/or other crimes or as the law requires. For further information about how we use your information please refer to the Council’s Privacy Statement on