Our most important meetings, including Full Council, Cabinet, Scrutiny Boards and Planning Committee meetings are broadcast live on our Meetings channel.
You can subscribe to updates in order to receive information via e-mail regarding arrangements for particular committee meetings.
If you have missed a scheduled meeting you can catch up on demand by viewing our library in the meetings channel, or for meetings between March 2020 to March 2022 on YouTube
To provide overview and scrutiny of issues aligned to the Managing demand and expectation for public services and responsibilities carried out by the Cabinet and Portfolio Holder for Resources.
This Board to exercise a management role for the Overview & Scrutiny function, to:
1) Approve an annual overview and scrutiny work programme;
2) Where matters fall within the remit of more than one Scrutiny Board, or Task and Finish Group, to determine which will assume responsibility for any particular issue, and to resolve any issues of dispute between Scrutiny Boards;
3) Receive requests from the Cabinet and/or the full Council for reports from Scrutiny Boards and to allocate them if appropriate to one or more Scrutiny Boards;
4) Put in place and maintain a system to ensure that referrals from Scrutiny Boards to the Cabinet, either by way of report or for reconsideration are managed efficiently and do not exceed the limits set out in the Constitution;
5) At the request of the Cabinet, to make decisions about the priority of referrals made in the event of reports to the Cabinet exceeding limits in this Constitution, or if the volume of such reports creates difficulty for the management of Cabinet business or jeopardises the efficient running of Council’s business.
6) To consider the final annual budget proposals across all portfolio areas;
7) To have overview and scrutiny of the Council Plan (annual performance refresh)
The Key projects/activities include:
· Complete migration of the Social Care systems and introduce new external facing system
· Commence the migration of Oracle E-Business Suite
· Office 365 start the process of moving existing Office Applications and data into the Office 365 environment
· Implement a new website for the Council
The employee journey :
· Supporting and maximising the potential of the Council workforce.
Adoption of a corporate approach to delivering an asset master plan:
· Ensuring that our assets are fit for purpose to deliver our Council priorities.
Support officer: Paul Rogers. Democratic Services
Phone: 0121 704 6550