Our most important meetings, including Full Council, Cabinet, Scrutiny Boards and Planning Committee meetings are broadcast live on our Meetings channel.
You can subscribe to updates in order to receive information via e-mail regarding arrangements for particular committee meetings.
If you have missed a scheduled meeting you can catch up on demand by viewing our library in the meetings channel, or for meetings between March 2020 to March 2022 on YouTube
The Committee will advise the Planning Committee in a timely manner on the heritage
• Planning applications (or similar) that have a particularly significant effect on the
character of a conservation area or other heritage asset;
• Planning applications (or similar) that have a significant effect on the character of a
conservation area or other heritage asset and a member of CAC has requested, on
reasonable grounds, that the application be referred to the Committee;
The Committee may also consider:
• Designation or modification of conservation areas;
• Designation or modification of article 4 directions where made on grounds of historic
• Publication of conservation area character appraisals;
• To seek statutory listing of buildings by the DCMS;
• Designation of locally listed buildings;
Phone: 0121 704-6156